Göran Tomson from Karolinska Institutet is Senior Professor of International Health Systems Research and senior advisor to the Health Systems and Policy research group. He is also a Visiting Professor at Shandong University in China.
His extensive research and policy work focuses on universal health coverage and has been conducted in countries such as China, Kenya, Lao PDR, Sweden, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam and Zambia. His experience in the field of health policy and systems research has led to his appointment to various organizational committees, including:
- Senior advisor for the WHO EVIPNet (Evidence Informed Policy Network)
- Chairing the WHO Scientific Advisory Committee's Alliance for Health Policy Systems Research
- WHO European Advisory Committee on Health Research
- Board member of the GLOBVAC Norwegian Research Council
- Health Policy and Systems Committee of the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research WOTRO Science for Global Development
- Swedish Research Council's Committee for Development Research
- Consultant to the Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation
- Board member of the China Centre for Health Development Studies at Peking University
He is also the co-founder and a senior advisor to the ReAct Network on antimicrobial resistance, and a co-founder and board member for INRUD, the International Network for Rational Use of Drugs.
Göteborgs centrum för hållbar utveckling, GMV, center, Aschebergsgatan 44, Vasa Hus 1
18 February, 2019, 14:00
18 February, 2019, 15:00