Instructions for speakers on the main track, including oral presentations, keynotes, the ethics workshop and the MSc thesis award:
1. The main track will be broadcast in a single Zoom meeting on a link sent toa speakers.
2. At the time of your presentation, you will be made co-host of the meeting and asked to share your screen and video feed and to unmute your microphone.
3. Find your session on the SAIS web pages: Sais 2020 programme
. The talks will be delivered in the order that they appear, but please be present for the entire session.
4. On the day of your presentation, make sure to join the SAIS main Zoom meeting at least 15 minutes before the start of your session and name yourself accurately in the participant list so that the host can find you.
5. Finally, make sure that you are reachable on the email address used for submission during your session, or send other contact information to the program chairs.
Instructions for speakers hosting their own meeting, including poster presentations and the PhD student session.
1. The poster and PhD student sessions will be conducted across several individual Zoom meetings which will be linked to from the SAIS website.
2. You will be the host of the Zoom meeting for your presentation on the link you have provided as per instructions over email. This means that you will administrate the actions available to attendees.
3. Make sure to start the Zoom meeting at least 5 minutes before the start of your session so that the attendees can join.
4. At the start of the meeting,
- Go to Participants, click More and disable “Allow Participants to unmute themselves”
- Under "Sharing" or on the arrow next to "Share screen" go to Advanced Sharing Options.
- Enable "One participant can share at a time"
- Select: Who can share: Only Host
- Select: Who can start sharing when someone else is sharing: "Only Host"
- Go to Participants and click Mute all
5. Finally, make sure that you are reachable on this email address during your session, or send other contact information by replying to this email.
Instructions for session chairs:
1. As the chair of a session, you will be made co-host of the main Zoom meeting.
2. You will be responsible for making sure that the speaker next in line can share their screen and is unmuted.
3. You will introduce the speaker briefly, stating their name and affiliation, and handing over to them.
4. You will monitor the time of each talk and notify the speaker if they run over time.
5. After the session is over, the next chair will take over as host.
SAIS 2020 Program chairs
Fredrik Johansson & Claes Strannegård