Here you will find information about how Chalmers University of Technology (Chalmers) processes personal data. Chalmers is responsible for the processing and that it complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
Here, Chalmers provides comprehensive information about many of our various forms of personal data processing. In some cases, Chalmers provides separate information.
This information answers questions such as:
- For what purposes does Chalmers process personal data?
- What personal data is processed in Chalmers’ organisations?
- With whom may Chalmers share personal data?
- What does it mean that Chalmers is subject to the Principle of Public Access to Official Documents?
- How does Chalmers protect personal data?
- How long does Chalmers save personal data?
- What rights does a data subject have?
- How do I contact Chalmers if I have questions or a request?
Chalmers’ personal data processing
Chalmers processes personal data to fulfil our mission as a university, i.e. in our work to conduct research and educational activities and in collaboration with society at large. Chalmers also processes personal data to review and develop our activities and to comply with Swedish law.
All processing of personal data within the University is done to in some way promote these purposes. The processing of personal data shall have legal support, and only the personal data needed for the purposes in question is allowed to be processed.
Chalmers has identified processing of personal data for following groups/categories:
- Research study participants
- Conference or event participants
- University visitors
- Job applicants
- Borrowers from the library
- Tenderers and other company partners
- Contacts with the university (Newsletters and email)
Personal identity numbers are only processed when needed to reliably confirm your identity or to coordinate your data between systems so as to provide you with uniform information. Bank and other financial information is processed when required to be able to pay out money or pay invoices.
Questions, complaints and information
If you have any questions about Chalmers’ processing of personal data, or would like to request a register extract or have some other request, please contact the Records manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chalmers has also appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at: email@example.com
If you believe that Chalmers is not complying with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Swedish Data Protection Authority, which is the supervisory authority: firstname.lastname@example.org