The main objective of In2Track project is to set the foundations for a resilient, consistent, cost-efficient, high capacity European network by delivering important building blocks that unlock the innovation potential that have been identified as part of the Shift2Rail Innovation Programme 3. The specific objectives of IN2TRACK are divided into three parts;
- Enhancing and optimising the switch & crossings and track systems in order to ensure the optimal line usage and capacity
- Investigating novel ways of extending the life of bridges and tunnel assets through new approaches to maintaining, repairing and upgrading these structures;
- Development and adoption of a holistic, whole system-approach.
A whole-system approach, which is defined as the system boundaries extending from dynamic wheel-rail interaction (loading input) through to degradation of the S&C system, sub-systems, individual components, and underlying track foundation, will also be at the heart of IN2TRACK on how to reach the objectives.
- Trafikverket (Offentlig, Sweden)
- Chalmers järvägsmekanik (CHARMEC) (Centrumbildning, Sweden)
Denna sidan finns endast på svenska
- Europeiska kommissionen (Horisont 2020) (Offentlig, Belgium)