JULY 29 - AUGUST 4, 2013
BANACH ALGEBRAS AND APPLICATIONS
dedicated to the memory of William G. Bade
The conference Banach Algebras and Applications will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden, JULY 29 - AUGUST 4, 2013.
The aim of the conference is to bring together experts and younger mathematicians highlighting various aspects of Banach algebra Theory and its connections with and applications to neighbouring areas. Particularly emphasis will be given to Operator Theory, Operator Spaces and Operator Algebras, Abstract Harmonic Analysis, Geometry of Banach Spaces and Quantum Information Theory.
The scientific committee: Jean Esterle (Bordeaux), Sophie Grivaux (Lille), Zinaida Lykova (Newcastle), Martin Mathieu (Belfast), Magdalena Musat (Copenhagen), Vern Paulsen (Houston), Thomas Ransford (Quebec), Volker Runde (Edmonton).
The organizers: Sandra Pott (Lund), Maria Roginskaya (Gothenburg) and Lyudmila Turowska (Gothenburg).
The main speakers of the conference who have confirmed their participation are
- S.A. Argyros (National Technical University of Athens, Greece)
- K.R. Davidson (University of Waterloo, Canada)
- G.Godefroy (Institut de Mathematiques de Jussieu, France)
- P.B.Gorkin (Bucknell University, USA)
- U.Haagerup (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
- M.Musat (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
- V. Paulsen (University of Houston, USA)
- V.Runde (University of Alberta, Canada)
- M.Rordam (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
- E.Samei (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)
- B.Wick (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA).
More information about the conference will follow in the upcoming months. Please direct any enquiries to BanachAlgebra2013@gmail.com
The Swedish Research Council and Wenner Gren Stiftelserna
Photo of participants