Here is some advice on how to travel to the conference site in Falkenberg.
For travel to Falkenberg, we recommend flights to either the Landvetter airport (Gothenburg, Sweden) or the Kastrup airport (Copenhagen, Denmark).
If you arrive at Landvetter, you have two options:
- There will be a bus going from Landvetter directly to the conference site in Falkenberg. The bus will departure at 15:00 on Tuesday the 14th of June. There is a limited number of seats available, please send an email to email@example.com to book a seat.
- If you choose to travel to Falkenberg on your own, you need to go to Gothenburg central station for further travel by train. There are shuttle buses going from Landvetter to Gothenburg central station several times per hour, often in connection to arriving flights. For further information regarding trains to Falkenberg, see below.
If you arrive at Kastrup, you can go by train from the airport directly to Falkenberg. For further information regarding trains to Falkenberg, see below.
Trains Gothenburg-Falkenberg and Kastrup-Falkenberg are operated by SJ or Öresundståg. All trips may be booked and paid either via the SJ website or the Öresundståg website, since these two operators collaborate with each other. The booking system on the Öresundståg website is available only in Swedish – for help in English, click here.
You can collect your train ticket from an SJ ticket machine at the Kastrup airport or at the Gothenburg central station. If you prefer an e-ticket, the following rule applies: if you book a trip operated by Öresundståg, you must buy the ticket on the Öresundståg website, not the SJ website (and vice versa).
For suggested train journeys on the day of arrival (Tuesday), please see the timetables below.
Gothenburg central station – Falkenberg train station
Kastrup airport – Falkenberg train station
From Falkenberg train station to conference site
If you go by train to Falkenberg, you will arrive at the Falkenberg train station. To get from the train station to the conference site, there are three options:
- Chartered minibus, arranged by the conference hotel. The minibus will take you all the way from the train station to the conference site. There will be three departures from the train station during the afternoon on the day of arrival (Tuesday): 15:00, 16:15 and 17:15.
- Local buses, operated by Hallandstrafiken. To go from the train station to the conference site (bus stop: Skrea strand) you have to change at the bus terminal (Holgersplan). Buses from the train station to Holgersplan: numbers 10, 553, 555. Buses from Holgersplan to Skrea strand: numbers 1, 501. For map, click here.
On the website of Hallandstrafiken you will find a “journey planner” that helps you find a suitable departure time and route. Click “English” in the right hand corner. Specify your starting point and destination as well the date and time of travel. The starting point (train station) is called “Falkenberg Station (stop)” and the destination is called “Falkenberg Skrea strand (stop)”. You will be given several alternative trips. Choose your preferred alternative(s) by ticking the respective box(es) and go to the “Itinerary” tab. There you will see the details of the journey, such as bus number, when and where to change etc. Once you arrive at the destination, there will be a short walk to the conference hotel (ca 200 m). For map, click here.
- Taxi, call Taxi Falkenberg at: +46 (0)346-144 00
March 29, 2011
Responsible for this page: