A Board with industrial majority has the strategic responsibilities. The annual Shareholders meeting consisting of the participating partners proposes members of the Board. Each large partner is represented by one board member, except for Chalmers. The Board meets 6-8 times a year including at least one dedicated strategy meeting.
Members of the Board
- Jan Andersson, VTI
- Ola Boström, Autoliv Development
- Malin Ekholm, Volvo Car Corporation
- Jan Jacobson, RISE
- Maria Krafft, Swedish Transport Administration
- Sinisa Krajnovic, Chalmers University of Technology
- Per Lövsund, Chalmers University of Technology
- Magnus Rilbe, AB Volvo
- Jan Smith, University of Gothenburg
- Karin Svensson (Chairperson), AB Volvo
- Eric Wallgren (Adjunct), VINNOVA
- Has the overall strategic responsibility of the Centre.
- Monitors the project portfolio.
- Decides on the start of projects and courses.
- May request project initiation from the Reference groups in areas not covered by present project portfolio.
- Appoints Operating manager.
- Members, from the Partnership with industrial majority including the chairperson, will be nominated by the Shareholders meeting.
- The Chairperson and Board members are formally appointed by the president of Chalmers.
- Reports to the Shareholders meeting.
June 07, 2016
Responsible for this page:
“In certain areas, the SAFER partners are already respected internationally for excellence within the field of vehicle safety. By creating SAFER, all involved enhance their ability to further develop safety technologies for the future.”
Jan-Eric Sundgren, Senior Vice President, Volvo Group
European Road Safety Charter