Centre Management and Organization
- The General Assembly is the stakeholders group which is gathered at each new Stage of contract.
- The Board decides on strategic questions and research profile for the centre. The Board is a link to society and industry and promotes the use of centre research results. They evaluates and secures the economic results for the centre. Furthermore they supervises that budgets and reports are prepared and reported. The Board consists of participants from all partners. The Chairman of the board (MSc Bo Anulf ) is selected by Chalmers for his long industrial experience in collaboration with academy and research funding organizations. The Board meets regularly four times a year and at special occasions.
- The Director (Professor Rikard Söderberg) is the operative leader of the centre. The Director is responsible for the daily work in the centre, for reports and contacts with VINNOVA. The Director is selected for his documented good track record from both industrial and academic leadership, entrepreneurship and scientific achievements.
- The Assistant Director (Dr. Kristina Wärmefjord) assists the Director in international benchmarking of the centre, the seminar series, arrangement of conferences and is also responsible for the publication portal. The Assistant Director is part of the Management Group.
- The Management Group consists of the senior research leaders from the four research groups (with special responsibilities) and is led by the director Rikard Söderberg, also group leader for Geometry Assurance & Robust Design. The Management Group assists the Director in the daily work with the centre, for planning and continuous evaluation of the projects. They have meetings every second week.
The members of the Management Group are Professor Hans Johannesson, group leader for Systems Engineering & PLM (Publication Editor), Professor Bengt Lennartson, group leader for Flexible Automation (Financial Assessment) and Dr. Johan Carlson, group leader for Geometry and Motion Planning (Deputy Director).
- The International Scientific Advisory Board (ISAB) consists of international experts within the research areas of the centre. The main role for the ISAB is to assist the Director with strategic advice concerning scientific questions. Scientific and Industrial/Societal Goals, formulated in the Operational Plan for the centre, are being evaluated by the ISAB and reported to the centre board by the Director at least once per Stage. ISAB meets once a year and receives the Wingquist Laboratory VINN Excellence Centre report once a year.
- The Communications Officer serves as secretary during board meetings, meetings in advisory groups and in research groups, and is responsible for the communication strategy of the centre. The Communications Officer is Carina Schultz.
- The Financial Officer is responsible for the economic and administrative routines within the centre and secures coherence with Chalmers routines. The Financial Officer is Christina Haglund.
- The Theme Leaders are responsible for project meetings and follow-up on goals and time plans. They reports to the management group on a monthly basis.
The Theme Leaders for Stage 3 are: Dr. Dag Bergsjö, Dr. Kristina Wärmefjord and Dr. Casper Wickman.
The meeting/communication structure within the projects is:
- Individual meetings with company representatives, discussing case studies etc.
- Project meeting for all participants, planned yearly.
- Yearly meeting (“Wingquist Laboratory Annual Seminar”) for participants in all projects.
- Common seminars every second week for academic participants in all projects.
- Meeting with Director and all Theme Leaders 2-4 times a year.
- The Guest Program consists of visiting researchers working in the projects. The visiting researchers can be on any level and are invited to increase collaboration with strategically important universities, centres or companies.
July 02, 2012
Responsible for this page: