In ten years customers will select products not only based on price and quality but also with strong regard to the product value environmental footprint. Customers expect transparency in the product realization process, where most products are tagged with their environmental footprint.
Vigorous companies see this new product value as an opportunity to be more competitive.
Some companies in food industry already use environmental footprint in marketing. One of them have obtained the following benefits:
- Increased value of trademark: 13 times better than their main competitor.
- Reduction of CO2-emmissions by 44%.
To compete using the product value environmental footprint, and accommodate to future legislations, companies need a tool that supports evaluation and development of production systems with regard to both environment and costs.
Such tool can be used through the complete value chain in order to tag all components with their environmental footprint. It can also be applied to benchmark suppliers and competitors
- Design a measurement system for dynamic environmental footprint.
- Develop a simulation based tool for joint analysis of ecologic and economic aspects of production.
- Automate the management of environmental data related to production systems.