Five FORCE presentations at OFC 2011
Five presentations will be given by FORCE members at OFC 2011:
1. Carl Lundström will present the use of a phase-sensitive amplifier (PSA) as a signal enhancer. This gives the possibility of generating both phase- and amplitude modulated signals from low-extinction inputs.
2. Ekawit Tipsuwannakul will present transmission experiments of two different 8-point constellation formats using differential detection. The two compared formats are DQP-ASK and D8PSK and it is demonstrated that the optimum choice of modulation format depends on the transmission distance.
3. Lotfollah Beygi will present a theoretical study of the performance of different 16-point constellations in the presence of nonlinear phase noise. The results identify the optimum choice of modulation format.
4. Prof. Peter A. Andrekson will present a tutorial called “Metrology of Complex Optical Modulation Formats”. The presentation will discuss the increasing need for sophisticated tools for monitoring non-binary modulation formats.
5. Prof. Peter A. Andrekson will present a workshop called “Scaling Capacity using New Amplification Techniques”.
Last modified: March 04, 2011
Responsible for this page: Christina Caesar