About the workshop
The main areas of interest for the workshop are as follows:
- Language-independent toolkits, platforms, and frameworks for rule-based machine translation
- Language-specific machine translation systems
- Hybrid systems where RBMT is an important component
- Manual and automated evaluation of machine translation systems, comparative evaluation of RBMT and SMT/hybrid systems.
- Linguistic resources for RBMT (machine-readable dictionaries, part-of-speech taggers, morphological analysers, syntactic or semantic parsers etc.)
- Methods for inducing/inferring data for RBMT systems (supervised, semi-supervised or unsupervised)
- Interoperability between systems, tools, data
- Practical descriptions of RBMT integration and usage (in publishing, by professional translators, for free/open-source software)
Note that this is intended as a guideline, and we welcome submissions on other aspects of free and open-source rule-based machine translation.