NanoSIMS 50L in Gothenburg is the first of these instruments in
Scandinavia. A nanoSIMS offers μg/g
or better detection limits for most elements, essentially periodic table
coverage, 50 nm imaging and depth profiling capabilities, and isotopic analyses
of major and minor elements on a wide range of materials. The NanoSIMS is
suitable for a wide variety of applications, for example, grain boundary
analysis, characterization of stress corrosion cracking, sub-cellular
drug/peptide imaging and nitrogen fixation studies in bacteria.
Cameca NanoSIMS 50L
The CAMECA NanoSIMS 50L is a unique ion
microprobe optimizing SIMS analysis performance at high lateral
resolution. It is based on a coaxial optical design of the ion gun and
the Secondary ion extraction, and on an original magnetic sector mass
analyzer with multicollection.
A NanoSIMS 50L
delivers simultaneously several key
performances that can only be obtained individually with any other known
instrument or technique:
- High analysis spatial resolution (down to 50 nanometers)
- High sensitivity (ppm in element imaging),
- High Mass Resolution (M/dM),
- Parallel acquisition of seven masses,
- Fast acquisition (DC mode, not pulsed),
- Analysis of electrically insulating samples without problem.
And thanks to recent improvements, isotope ratio reproducibility of a few tenths of permil
can now be achieved.