Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
Analytical mechanics and nonlinear vibrations
- Course code: FTME130
- Course higher education credits: 7.5
- Department: MECHANICS AND MARITIME SCIENCES
- Graduate school: Solid and Structural Mechanics
- Course is normally given: Every third year
- Language: The course will be given in English
- Nordic Five Tech (N5T): This course is free for PhD students from N5T universities
This course covers the main techniques of classical mechanics adopting Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics. The basic concepts of variational calculus, stability analysis, chaotic dynamics and transformation methods such as canonical transformations are covered. The course examination will be through individual assignments.