Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
CFD with opensource software
- Course code: FTME055
- Course higher education credits: 7.5
- Department: MECHANICS AND MARITIME SCIENCES
- Graduate school: Thermo and Fluid Dynamics
- Course is normally given: Annually, lp1 - lp2
- Language: The course will be given in English
- Nordic Five Tech (N5T): This course is free for PhD students from N5T universities
The course gives an introduction to the OpenFOAM OpenSource CFD toolbox (www.openfoam.org). A major project work in OpenFOAM forms a large part of the course. The project may be defined according to the student's special interests. The result of the project should be a detailed tutorial for a specific application of OpenFOAM. The tutorials will be peer-reviewed and graded by the students, and the tutorials thus form a part of the course. The tutorials will be made available as OpenSource, as a contribution to the OpenFOAM community. To pass the course the student must do the project and peer-review the tutorials from the other projects.
Phone: 031 7721414