Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
- Course code: FTME045
- Course higher education credits: 7.5
- Department: MECHANICS AND MARITIME SCIENCES
- Graduate school: Thermo and Fluid Dynamics
- Course is normally given: Odd years, lp 4-5
- Language: The course will be given in English
- Nordic Five Tech (N5T): This course is free for PhD students from N5T universities
The aim of this course is to give the participants a broad understanding of the aero-acoustics field in general and deeper insight into selected computational aero-acoustics (CAA) techniques in particular.
The course starts out with the basic equations governing compressible flow. We then point out what approximations may be implemented in the limit of ¿small¿ pressure perturbations. This then leads to various forms of linearized flow equations, with the well known wave equation as the extreme case of zero mean flow.
From these various linearized flow equations we discuss what type of coupling may be found between flow and sound in different situations. Both one way and two way couplings are discussed in terms of in what situations they are found and what they may lead to.
Phone: 031 7721417