Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
Theory of Science (for Human-Technology-Design)
- Course code: FPPU010
- Course higher education credits: 3.0
- Department: INDUSTRIAL AND MATERIALS SCIENCE
- Graduate school: Human-Technology-Design
- Course is normally given: Every 2nd year, Autumn odd numbered years
Next 2019, start october
- Language: The course will be given in English
Start date autumn 2019.
The course is organised as a series of seminars:
- Seminar 1-3: Basic terms and aspects of theory of science.
- Seminarie 4: The history of theory of science
- Seminarie 5: How the research areas of the students relates to theory of science
- Seminarie 6: The students presents their research and how it relates to theory of science. The student also writes a short paper about this, intended to be included in licentiate or doctoral thesis .
In preparation for seminar 1-4 some literature needs to be read.
The course is given in English or Swedish, depending on the participants.
Oskar Rexfelt, Pontus Wallgren