Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
Basic Usage of OpenFOAM
- Course code: FMMS055
- Course higher education credits: 2.0
- Department: MECHANICS AND MARITIME SCIENCES
- Graduate school: Thermo and Fluid Dynamics
- Course is normally given: Annually, lp4
- Language: The course will be given in English
- Nordic Five Tech (N5T): This course is free for PhD students from N5T universities
We go through the basic settings and structure of OpenFOAM cases. We practice the use of OpenFOAM solvers, utilities and functionObjects. We validate the results of academic test-cases. We script the work processes to make them efficient and reproducible. The examination is by hand-in of assignments.
This course is a prerequisite for FTME055. Registration for the course will begin to be received in December. The course is popular and quickly fills up.
Phone: 031 7721414