Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
- Course code: FKBT140
- Course higher education credits: 7.5
- Department: CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- Graduate school: Chemical Engineering
- Course is normally given: Every year in LP1. Starts in late august every year.
- Language: The course will be given in English
After the course you should be able to:
- Plan experiments according to a proper and correct design plan.
- Analyse and evaluate experimental results (statistically), according to chosen experimental design (ANOVA, regression models).
- Control and properly use fundamentals such as hypothesis testing, degrees of freedom, ANOVA, fractional design and other design methods/techniques and so on.
- Know the fundamentals of multivariate analysis and chemometric methods (PCA and PLS) with simple applications.
- Simple Comparative Experiments
- Experiments of a single factor, analysis of variance.
- Randomized blocks
- Latin squares
- The 2k factor design
- Blocking and confounding
- Two level fractional Factorial design.
- Three level and mixed level factorial and fractional factorial design.
- Fitting regression methods. LS method.
- Robust parameter design
- Experiment with random factors.
- Nested design
- Response surfaces, EVOP.
- Multivariate data analysis
Project work (report)
Application is made by sending an email to Claes Niklasson.
Douglas C. Montgomery: Design and Analysis of Experiments
Professor Claes Niklasson
Professor Claes Niklasson, email: email@example.com, phone: +46 31 772 30 27
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Kemivägen 4