Research Motivating Problem:
Today’s functions are limited by quality of estimates of vehicle states. The scope of this project is to improve vehicle dynamics by utilizing electric propulsion actuators as sensing elements for estimating vital vehicle states. The project aims at investigating the new sensor possibilities for estimates of vehicle states (e.g. tire properties, tire to road friction, vehicle speed etc.). Feasibility of estimator induced excitation will also be studied.
- Novel estimator algorithms
- How should the vehicle state estimator be designed?
- How can the quality of the estimated variables be formulated?
- What vehicle functionality can be achieved and/or improved by improved vehicle states?
- How to excite without disturbing driver (safety, drivablity etc.) to achieve best conditions for the estimator
Deliverables to which results will contribute:
- The overall deliverable from the project will be a proposal for how to improve functionalities through improved vehicle state estimation in vehicles which are fully or partly propelled with electrical motors.
- 1 VehDyn PhD graduated