The PLACED project introduces a new type of place- and activity-centric digital library services. Whereas library services typically focus on providing access to a collection of media, PLACED services support activities in the library.
The groundbreaking aspect is that these services capture knowledge generated through these activities, make them a part of the library's collection, and allow future library users to explore and access them. In this way, PLACED services help break down the institutional walls of the library and make it an integrated part of urban life by creating an ever-evolving collection built on urban activities and knowledge generation.
- Bibliothèque Municipale de Lyon (Academic, France)
- Université de Lyon (Academic, France)
- Interactive Institute Swedish ICT AB (Research Institute, Sweden)
- Aarhus University (Academic, Denmark)
- Aarhus public libraries (Public, Denmark)
- City of Gothenburg (Public, Sweden)
- ENSSIB (Academic, France)
The project is closed: 31/12/2019