The research project MUNIN will contribute to the realization of the vision of autonomous and unmanned vessels by developing and verifying a concept for the autonomous ship. MUNIN is the abbreviation for Maritime Unmanned Navigation through Intelligence in Networks highlighting the project’s aim to develop technology for an unmanned and autonomous vessel.
- Fraunhofer Center for Maritime Logistics and Services CML, situated at the Hamburg University of Technology in Hamburg, Germany.
- Norwegian Marine Technology Research Institute (MARINTEK), Trondheim, Norway
- Chalmers University of Technology, Department of Shipping and Marine Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Hochschule Wismar – University of Applied Sciences Technology, Business and Design, Department of Maritime Studies
- aptomar AS, Trondheim, Norway
- MarineSoft Entwicklungs- und Logistikgesellschaft mbH, Rostock-Warnemünde, Germany
- Maroka ehf, Reykjavik, Iceland
- University College Cork UCC, Ireland