Greening the Fleet – Sustainability Transitions in the Maritime Shipping Sector (Greenfleet)
GREENFLEET aims to analyse the opportunities and challenges associated with a transition from fossil-based fuels to low- or zero-carbon technologies. With a 'technological innovation systems' perspective at its core, GREENFLEET will analyse the strengths and weaknesses of three focal low- or zero-carbon energy technologies, as well as hybrids of these and conventional energy solutions. The three energy technologies in question are battery-electric, biofuels and hydrogen.
GREENFLEET aims to illuminate the strengths and weaknesses of novel 'green technologies' that can contribute to emission reductions in the Norwegian maritime shipping sector.
- SINTEF (Private, Norway)
- Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (Academic, Norway)
- Norwegian Coastal Administration (Public, Norway)
- University of Oslo (Academic, Norway)
- Lund University (Academic, Sweden)
This page is only available in english
- The research council of Norway (Public, Norway)