Environmental sustainability and resource scarcity are urgent issues, and new ways of providing products and services are needed. Swedish companies need to learn about, and implement more circular business models that cover the entire product life cycle and take into account sustainability and resource issues based on a system perspective. This project aims at developing innovative support for Swedish manufacturers, designing products and services that allow increased resource efficiency and sustainability. By using the support, the aim is also to develop three innovative offers for the companies.
Expected effects and results
The project has three types of results.
1) Software, with the life cycle and sustainability focus, to design product / service including the calculation of life cycle costs for them. It is intended for wide industrial use and validated in terms of functionality and efficiency with three partner manufacturers.
2) A guide is included with the software for designers about the correlation between life cycle cost driven design and their effects on environmental sustainability.
3) Three more sustainable solutions developed and offered to the markets individually by manufacturing partners.
- TreCe AB (Private, Sweden)
- Maxiom AB (Private, Sweden)
- Linköping University (Academic, Sweden)
- Envac Scandinavia AB (Private, Sweden)
- Storbildsfabriken in Sweden AB (Private, Sweden)
This page is only available in english
The project is closed: 30/09/2019