The overall purpose of the project is to improve the attractiveness of future bus systems and hereby contribute to more sustainable transportation of people, from an economic, environmental, and social perspective.
The project will develop a roadmap for future European advanced bus systems research; define a work-plan for the exploitation of research results on advanced bus systems; as well as identify and disseminate the most innovative bus system solutions to a wider audience.
3iBS is a project conceived to continue striving for increased performance, accessibility and efficiency of urban bus systems. 3iBS is participating directly in the objective of the European Commission to develop high quality public transport.Based on the EBSF results and innovations as well as on previous and ongoing research projects and activities, 3iBS is committed to raise the image of the bus in the urban environment.
3iBS will maintain the current research activities in top of promoting and exploiting their key findings, will develop bus-system research, exploit and implement key solutions, promote the dissemination and exchange of knowledge on a global scale.
In the next 30 months, 3iBS project will achieve these objectives through:
1. The development of a Roadmap for European Advanced Bus Systems research that will support the European and National institutions to develop efficient answers to citizens mobility needs present and future
2. The definition of a work-plan for the exploitation of Advanced Bus Systems research results, to move from research (use of funding to build new ideas) to innovation (implementation of new ideas into business).
3. The identification, dissemination and transfer of most innovative concepts and solutions for Advanced Bus Systems to a wider audience in European cities and regions as well as outside Europe.
The permanent objective remains the positive strengthening of the EU bus industrys position outside Europe, achievable through adapting our support to their specific needs. Such strategy will reinforce their competitiveness and create a virtuous circle to stimulate the integration of the previous pioneering results in Public Transport bus systems.
3iBS will boost best practices, enhance cross fertilisation and endow developing countries with innovative concepts and solutions.
Ultimately, 3iBS will deliver the perfect platform to systematise the framework for future EU research focusing on innovative urban bus systems.
Project leader: MariAnne Karlsson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Association of Public Transport (UITP) (Private, Belgium)
- Volvo Group (Private, Sweden)
- Consorcio Regional de Transportes de Madrid (Private, Spain)
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Zur (Private, Germany)
- Azienda Per La Mobilita Del Comune Di Roma Spa (Private, Italy)
- Maintenance Etudes Et Realisationsen Circulation Urbaine Et En Regulation Sas (Private, France)
- Asstra - Associazione Trasporti (Private, Italy)
- D'appolonia (Private, Italy)
- Transports De Barcelona Sa (Private, Spain)
The project is closed: 31/03/2015