We proudly invite you to come and listen to Professor Gretchen Daily, Stanford University, California and one of the world´s foremost experts on the valuation of natural capital, who this year received the Volvo Environment Prize.
Professor Gretchen Daily will talk in a seminar at Chalmers on November the 19th entitled "Harmonizing People and Nature: A New Business Model".
Around the world, leaders are increasingly recognizing ecosystems as natural capital assets that supply life-support services of tremendous value. The challenge is to turn this recognition into incentives and institutions that will guide wise investments in natural capital, on a large scale.
In the seminar Professor Gretchen Daily will talk about the advances being made on three key fronts:
• The development of new science and technical tools for valuing nature.
• New polices and finance mechanisms being implemented worldwide, with examples from China, South America and the United States.
• The engaging of leaders in forging a deep and lasting transformation.
The seminar will be followed by a panel discussion, with the following participants:
• Professor Gretchen Daily, Environmental Science, Stanford University
• Professor Sverker Molander, Energy and Environment, Chalmers
• Professor Gunilla Almered Olsson, Global Studies, University of Gothenburg
• Associate Professor Gunnar Köhlin, National Economics, University of Gothenburg, moderator
Time: Monday November 19th, 8.45 - 11.45
Location: Palmstedt Hall, Chalmers Student House, Chalmersplatsen 1, Gothenburg
Registration: The seminar is free of charge but registration is necessary by the latest November 15th.
Read more and register here
The seminar is arranged by:
Centre for Environment and Sustainability, GMV, in cooperation with Volvo Environment Prize and Volvo Group