Newly Admitted Student
Now that you have been admitted, there are several things you may need to think about, some of them very practical. This can be your starting point.
- The official notification of selection results will be published on your personal account at universityadmissions.se (April 4)
- Scholarship results are being emailed to students (March to April, first days of May at the latest)
- Pre-departure activities; Phone call from a current Chalmerist, Pre-departure events in different countries and webinars (April - June)
- Pay the tuition fee (if you are required to do so), deadline is May 17
- Update yourself about student housing, how and when to apply for accommodation depending on your student category (Master's, fee paying, non-fee paying, exchange etc). Make sure you follow the recommendations for application.
- Apply for residence permit
- Contact a current student at Chalmers to learn more about the student life and how it is to study here
- Win your trip to Sweden and Gothenburg! A few days after the notification of selection results we will launch a Pre-departure challenge where you will have the possibility to win your trip to Gothenburg. The challenge will be sent to your email.
- Arrival Day (August 26)
- Register for the courses in your Master's programme from the end of August, deadline for registration is 2 September.
- Welcome and orientation week (26-30 August)
- Plan your coming year by checking dates and times for our academic year.