Are you newly arrived in Sweden, do you have a residence permit and would you like to study at Chalmers?
Would you like to know how you can improve your chances to find work on the Swedish labour market? Contact Chalmers' study and career planning counsellors. If you have studied engineering, shipping or architecture in another country, we offer guidance to Chalmers' programmes.
Guidance & contact
Lena Lundström and Kiki Henrysdotter
Telephone: +46(0) 31-772 25 00
Chalmers' undergraduate programmes are conducted in Swedish. If you would like to study at undergraduate level, you must have an upper secondary school diploma + Swedish as a second language 3 + English 6, so-called general entry requirements. In addition to general entry requirements, you also need to meet the specific entry requirements listed below.
- BSc in Engineering, 3 years and MSc in Engineering, 5 years: Upper secondary school Mathematics 4, Physics 2, Chemistry 1.
- Architecture, 5 years: secondary school Mathematics 3b or 3c, Natural Science 2, or Physics 1 and Chemistry 1, and Social Studies 1.
- Business development and entrepreneurship, 3 years: Upper secondary school Mathematics 3b or 3c, Natural Science 2, or Physics 1 and Chemistry 1, and Social Studies 1.
- International logistics, 3 years: Upper secondary school Mathematics 3b or 3c.
- Master mariner, 4 years: Upper secondary school Mathematics 3b or 3c, and Physics 1 or Natural Science 2.
- Marine engineer, 4 years: Upper secondary school Mathematics 3b or 3c, and Physics 1.
- Ship's officer class VII has only general entry requirements.
- The foundation year: Upper secondary school Mathematics 2.
Undergraduate programmes (in Swedish)
Bridging programme for engineers and architects with foreign qualifications
Chalmers offers a one-year bridging programme for engineers and architects with a foreign qualification who wish to add to their qualifications and enhance their employability on the Swedish labour market.
Bridging programme for engineers and architects with foreign qualifications, 1 year
Chalmers' programmes at graduate level (master's programmes) are conducted in English. If you would like to study at graduate level, you must have a Bachelor's degree + English 6 or an approved language test.
Chalmers also has programmes at doctoral level, doctoral programmes, for those who have obtained a degree at graduate level.
Single courses for working professionals
Chalmers primarily offers educational programmes, but there is also the option of applying for a single course if you have an academic degree and at least 1 year's professional experience. You can apply for single courses from Chalmers' regular range of courses in advance of the spring or autumn semester. Chalmers also offers single courses to alumni (students who have graduated from the university).
For working professionals
Do you have a degree?
Chalmers does not assess your degree. Send your degree certificate to the UHR (Swedish Council for Higher Education) for assessment.
Have you studied at a University but not completed your studies?
If you have formal knowledge of secondary courses Swedish 3 and English 6 (or equivalent) you can apply for Chalmers' undergraduate programme year 1. You can also apply for year 2 or 3 of Chalmers' undergraduate programme, depending on the assessment of your previous qualifications. There must be free places available in the programme and you must be given credit of 35 higher education credits for your previous university studies, in order to be accepted.
Study visit at Chalmers
We receive study visits for groups, contact Chalmers guidance for more information.