Documentation required by Chalmers at a glance
The list below contains all the required documents that must be included in your application package. You will find a thorough explanation to the list at Required documents in more detail. Please note that the list below contains additions specific to Chalmers. The list applies to all applicants including those with a Swedish civic number and/or Swedish citizenship. Sections 9 to 13 are optional. However - including a letter of motivation, documents of work experience and/or letters of recommendation is in your favour when your application is being evaluated. Please make sure that you arrange the documents in the same order as indicated below.
Make sure that you send only copies of the original documents. The copies of transcripts and diplomas must be officially certified. No documents will be stored or sent in return. You will find the instructions on how, when and where to submit the required documentation at universityadmissions.se.
To help you organize your documents Chalmers provides a check list (below and in section 13), for you as an applicant as well as for those reviewing your documents. You may either fill it in electronically or print it and fill it in by hand. Please note that the check list does not replace the mandatory cover sheet (section 1).
Check list 2013.pdf
- Cover sheet (not accessible or mandatory for applicants with Swedish civic registration number)
- a. Diplomas from previous university studies
b. Certificate of ongoing studies (if the Bachelor's degree has not yet been awarded).
Read more about section 2 here.
- a. Transcripts of records (including grades)
b. Transcripts of records (including grades) and course syllabus when necessary.
Read more about section 3 here.
- Documentation of English language requirement.
Read more about how to prove your English proficiency here.
- Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements (as long as you have provided the correct documentation according to all mandatory sections (1-4 and 6-8) in this list no other document is necessary).
- Relevant pages of your passport (or other valid ID) is necessary for the determination of fee status. The applicant must prove possible fee exempt status when applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Project Portfolio (this is a specific requirement ONLY for 3 Master's programmes within the Architecture and Industrial Design area). Do not submit your portfolio to University Admission in Sweden. Instructions on how, when and where to submit your portfolio is only availabe at the page Required documents in more detail.
Read more about section 8 here.
- Letter of intent/motivation (recommended)
- Relevant work experience
- Letters of recommendation
- Certificate of cumulative average grade
- Check list 2013.pdf (a help for you to organize your documents. Note that it does not replace the cover sheet/section 1)
Submit documents in both original language and in an authorized translation
You must submit a copy of your documents in the original language. If your documents are in a language other than a Scandinavian language, English, French or German, you must also provide a translation. This translation should be in one of the following languages: Swedish, English, French, or German.
If admitted - bring the original documents
If admitted all documents used in your application process should be brought to Sweden. You must be prepared to present the original transcripts, diplomas and proof of English proficiency at any time during your studies at Chalmers. The Admissions office or the Office of Degrees at Chalmers may request to view those during your stay.