Apply for the academic year 2013/14!
When applying for Chalmers you can do this in the so called "January admission round" (1 December – 15 January). Regardless of any information on universityadmissions.se it will not be possible to apply for any of Chalmers Master's programmes in the "April admission round". This must not be confused with what Chalmers refers to as a "late application", please read below.
For dates and deadlines during the current application process up until the Day of Enrolment - please visit Chalmers' Key dates.
Apply on time or submit a "late application"?
15 January 2013 was the general deadline for on-line applications submitted in the January admission round. A majority of the Master's programmes offered by Chalmers will keep open for some time to enable "late applications". The conditions are outlined below.
May I submit an application after 15 January 2013?
- Some programmes may extend the application period to enable so called "late" applications.
- "Late" eligible applicants are offered places in the order that their applications were completed until all places are filled.
- Chalmers does not guarantee processing of applications submitted after 15 January (the general deadline). They will only be processed if time permits and there are places available on the programme.
- Chalmers does not know beforehand whether a programme will be open for late applications or not. It will be announced at universityadmissions.se the day after the general application dead-line.
- Paying the application fee (900 SEK) does not guarantee processing.
- Only an application that is complete before the programme closes for late applications may be considered. A complete application is defined as one with all the supporting documents having arrived at the address provided and those documents prove that the applicant fulfils all entry requirements, both general and specific.
- Selection rules (as part of the Admission Regulations) stipulate that all eligible on time applicants must be offered a place prior to eligible applicants who submit their application after the general deadline.
Apply online and submit required documents asap
The instructions below apply to all applicants. This includes applicants with a Swedish Bachelor's degree and/or a Swedish civic registration number and/or Swedish citizenship.
- Applications to Chalmers Master's programmes can only be submitted online via universityadmissions.se.
- Read through the general and specific entry requirements.
- Complete your online application by submitting the required documents. It is vitally important that you submit the documentation required by Chalmers (which differs somewhat from the list at universityadmissions.se).
- To be considered for a scholarship (if applicable) awarded by Chalmers your application must have been submitted and completed on time.
- A complete application is defined as one which satisfies all the entry requirements, both general and specific.
Note! Do not send any documents directly to Chalmers. The postal address is available at universityadmissions.se.
Application and tuition fees
Please visit Fees and Finance
to read more about the application and tution fees that applies to citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. The decision was taken by the Swedish Parliament in April 2010 and has been in force from the autumn semester 2011.
Rank the Master's programmes in order of preference
The ranking order of your chosen programmes is very important. If you are offered a study seat at one programme, the alternatives with a lower ranking (priority) will be deleted. For more information regarding the importance of ranking, please visit Master's level ranking at universityadmissions.se
Notification of selection results - a reply is required!
The notification is published on your personal account at universityadmissions.se. Please note that if no reply to the offer (study seat or a place on the waiting list) has been registered by the stipulated deadline, the offer of admission will be revoked. Note! If a scholarship has been offered, this will automatically be revoked along with the offer of admission.
Questions related to your online application
For questions related to your online application contact University Admissions in Sweden +46(0) 771-550 720