Chalmers offers the possibility for working professionals who have accumulated at least one year’s work experience since receiving their Bachelor’s degree to apply for single subject courses.
Application and Tuition fees
Are you liable to pay an application fee? Read the information at universityadmissions.se before you submit your application.
If you are a fee paying student there is a tuition fee. Check the current price for a course at Chalmers in Swedish kronor (SEK). The price listed refers to one (1) credit and applies to all applicants liable to pay application and tuition fees.
- An academic degree equivalent to a Swedish Bachelor’s
degree of 180 credits or the corresponding (minimum 3-year long
programme in a non-specified education area).
- Swedish 3 or the equivalent, for courses taught in Swedish.
- English 6 or the equivalent, for courses taught in English
English language requirement
- At least 12 months of documented work experience*
accumulated after the applicant’s Bachelor’s degree studies. This work
experience may be in any field and do not need to be related to the
applicant’s educational profile.
- Specific eligibility requirements and course-specific requirements may also apply.
*) Regular working hours for full-time work is 38 hours/week.
Please note that it is required to have worked at least 50%, part-time.
Part-time work can be specified in hours, days or percentages.
Application - use one application code only
Submit your application, selected courses and supporting documentation at universityadmissions.se
The codes and namnes of courses you have selected
- 15 March - 15 April, using the application code CTH- 99995 (for the autumn semester)
- 15 September - 15 October, using the application code CTH-99994 (for the spring semester)
Your application must be supplemented by a document in which you clearly state the name/s and course code/s of the selected course/s as well as supporting documentation proving your general and specific eligibility for the course/s and documented work experience.
- The amount of credits that you can be admitted to is limited
to 30 credits per semester. If you apply for courses above this scope
you must prioritize them in the supplemented document.
- Neither Bachelor’s thesis/degree project nor Vocational language courses (conducted for enrolled Degree students only) are not offered as single subject courses.
- The number of study places is limited per course. Take note that courses that are offered at first cycle (bachelor’s level) in year 1, are limited and high in demand.
Search for courses at ChalmersComplete you application on timeUpload your scanned document in the 'Documents' tab in your account at Universityadmissions.se.
The last day to submit supporting documentation and a list of the courses you have selected is the same as the last day to apply, check the date above.
When there are more applicants than available places in the course, a selection needs to be made. Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements are ranked by longest work experience, beyond the required 12 months.
Chalmers Admissions has no information regarding your chances of being offered a place and is unable to answer questions on this subject beforehand.
For questions regarding your application and admission, please contact Chalmers Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org