Find the Right Course and Fill Out the Appendix for Your Application
Chalmers' range of courses for undergraduate and master's programmes is available on the Chalmers Student Portal. At universityadmissions.se there is only a general application code for the education alternative Single Subject Courses for Working Professionals. You yourself must search for the course you wish to apply for and fill out Chalmers’ Appendix with course name and course code, which you then upload to your University Admissions’ account. The course must be given within Chalmers' regular range of education (see section on Restrictions).
The Appendix Must Be Uploaded Together with Your Application to universityadmissions.se
You can fill out the Appendix digitally, save the completed PDF file. Then upload your completed Appendix to your account at universityadmissions.se.
- You can be admitted to a maximum of 15 credits per study period. If you are applying for courses that total more than 15 credits within a study period, you must specify a priority order in the appendix.
- There is rarely a place on courses that are part of, or are compulsory for, programmes in year This also applies to so-called introductory courses.
- In the Appendix for the application, you must only indicate courses that are given during the semester to which the application refers.
- You apply for a course that is given either during the upcoming spring or autumn semester, not for an entire calendar year or academic year.
- A course that is not given during the upcoming semester (wrong study period or course from a previous academic year that is no longer given) will be deleted.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to follow the instructions and apply for courses for the upcoming semester.
- There are courses that have limited study seats.
See Course Information, point 4.
- There are courses that only students with the course round in their programme plan can apply for.
See Course Information, point 5.
- The following options are not offered within Single Subject Courses for Working Professionals;
Bachelor Thesis/Degree Project, language courses for programme students at Chalmers through a collaboration with GU (Technical Language) and courses in Chalmers' range of education that are only given as a single subject course (Owner: FRIST). Courses in Chalmers' range of education, which have the information Owner: FRIST in the course syllabus, can only be applied for via universityadmissions.se when it is open for application.
See Course Information, point 6.
Chalmers' range of courses within undergraduate and master's programmes is available on Chalmers’ Student Portal. There you can find out the course name, course code and study period (make sure it is given in the correct semester and year).
Courses for study periods 1 and 2 are given during the autumn semester, while courses for study periods 3 and 4 are given during the spring semester.
How to Search for Courses on The Student Portal
Follow these five steps to ensure that the course is given in the correct semester and academic year and to check that a place can be offered. Study seats availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Choose the correct Academic year.
- Enter the Course name or subject.
- Select Study period.
Here you have the opportunity to choose a study period, so that you only apply for courses that are given during the correct study period.
(See picture A)
- Select Limited places.
Here you have the opportunity to choose courses that do not have place restrictions when you choose Courses with at least one course round without a limited maximum amount. If you choose a course without a limited maximum amount of seats, you have a greater opportunity to be offered a place.
(See picture B)
- Select In plan (curriculum).
There are courses that only offer places for students who have the course round in their programme plan (curriculum). If you apply for such a course even though you do not have it in your programme plan, you will not be offered a place. By choosing Courses with at least one course round not only for students with the course round in the programme, you remove these courses from your search.
(See picture C)
- Courses within Chalmers' range of education, that are only given as an independent course have the following information in their course syllabus, Owner: FRIST. These courses can only be applied for when the course is open for application at universityadmissions.se.
(See picture D)