Congratulations on being admitted to a master's programme at Chalmers University of Technology!
We look forward to welcoming you to Chalmers and the city of Gothenburg in the end of August, 2022. 🎉 Now that you have been admitted, there are several things you may need to think about, some of them very practical. On this page, you will find a lot of important information for newly admitted students.
The page will be updated regularly.
Admissions results announcements
- The official notification of selection results are published on your personal account at universityadmissions.se. The PDF file serves as the official document and should be used when you need to present an official copy of your selection results. Students who are required to pay tuition fees will be listed as 'Conditionally admitted' on their Notification of Selection Results. The status will still be listed as 'Conditionally admitted' even after having paid the tuition fee. The Submit of Notification of Selection Results and a proof of payment is sufficient to prove that this condition is met.
Make sure to check your spam box regularly!
Join our Facebook group for admitted students 2022
In this Facebook group
, Chalmers University of Technology will share info about events and other relevant information. But most importantly - you can connect with other newly admitted students! 😍
Livestream - How to apply for a residence permit
Tuesday 26 April 2022, 3pm (CEST)
Livestream on how to apply for a residence permit with the Swedish Institute and the Swedish Migration Agency.
Prepare your arrival - practical aspects
- Pay the tuition fee (if you are required to do so). You will receive an invoice for the first semester via the email you provided when you applied. The email with payment information will be sent from Chalmers mid-April (late admitted students will recieve the payment email about a week after being admitted). The last payment date will be stated on the invoice. The amount due will be set out in SEK (Swedish Krona).
Update yourself about student housing, how and when to apply for accommodation depending on your student category (Master's, fee paying, non-fee paying, exchange etc). Make sure you follow the recommendations for application.
- Apply for residence permit for studies (not a visa, which is generally only for shorter visits in the country) if you come from a country outside the EU/EEA.
- Watch the recorded livestream by Study in Sweden about residence permit (if it applies to you).
- Read the information about health and insurance and also about cost of living and bank account in Sweden.
- Read about the academic year and semester dates. The semester starts on 29 August 2022.
- Bring your academic documents to Sweden. It must be brought with your for the purpose of verification and possible sampling by the Admissions office at Chalmers.
Orientation Week 22-26 August 2022
Chalmers University of Technology and Chalmers International Reception Committee (CIRC)
arrange an Orientation Week for all newly enrolled students. During Orientation Week, you will get to know Chalmers and Gothenburg while participating in fun activities together with your new classmates.
The activities that will take place will be organized and conducted by CIRC and they will also arrange for you to get a phadder/buddy. Read more information and sign up for a phadder
Monday 22 August - Arrival Day
On the Arrival Day the students/phadders from Chalmers International Reception Committee (CIRC) will be at Landvetter airport 09.00 to 20.00 to welcome you to Gothenburg. At the airport you will be given a map over the city and a free ticket for the Airport coaches. When you enter the bus, show your ticket to the bus driver. When you reach Gothenburg Central Station, the CIRC phadders will meet up and help you to buy a new ticket which you must pay for yourself. This ticket will allow you to travel to your accommodation by tram or bus.
- The deadline for enrolment/registration is 29 August 2022, and this is also the date on which the semester starts.
- Programme registration is mandatory to keep the offered study place and is done online between 8 August and 29 August, 2022. Detailed information about how to proceed is published on the Student Portal for Chalmers students.
- All students must be prepared to participate in on-campus studies throughout the semester.
- It will not be possible to start your studies through distance learning or apply for postponed enrolment.
Chalmers Travel Grant Challenge! ✈️🚂
This year's Travel Grant Challenge has come to an end and everyone who participated have been contacted with the result. We want to thank everyone who took the time to write down their ideas - and big congratulations to the winners!
Looking forward to welcoming you here in August! 😊🤩🙏