For dates and deadlines please visit Chalmers Key dates
The application round for the next academic year 2019/20 opens in October 2018.
Note: All applications to Chalmers Master's programmes are submitted only during the "First admission round" . At Chalmers there is no "Second admission round", regardless of any information on universityadmissions.se. However a second admission round must not be confused with what Chalmers refers to as a "late application".
The instructions below are general and apply to all applicants. That is applicants with international as well as Swedish Bachelor's degrees, and applicants with a Swedish personal identity number and/or Swedish citizenship included.
*) Further clarification is possible regarding how you do fullfill the specific course requirements
- Find the Chalmers Master's programme of your interest by checking the pages listing the programmes:
Master’s programmes listed A-Z or
Master's programmes listed by Area of Education
- Then check the list of required documents (which differs somewhat from the similar list at universityadmissions.se). Also make sure that you read through the general entry requirements and specific entry requirements for the programme before applying.
Required documents for all applicants to Chalmers
General entry requirements
Specific entry requirements*
- Now you are ready to make your online application at universityadmissions.se (in English) or antagning.se (in Swedish). You can apply for a maximum of four programmes (in Sweden).
- Complete your online application by submitting your documentation, either by uploading it at your personal account at universityadmissions.se or by sending it via regular mail to University Admissions in Sweden. Read more at
- Pay the application fee, if required. Check the Chalmers page Fees and scholarships to read more about what applies to citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Fees and scholarships
- If you are a fee-paying applicant, you may apply for the scholarships offered by Chalmers. Read more at
Note! To be considered for a scholarship offered by Chalmers your application must have been submitted and completed on time (and does not apply to late applications).
For any programme with specific course requirements (only) a unique link (for each applicant) will be sent via email. The link is sent out after the application deadline. Clicking on the link will open the specific course requirement form where the applicant's Chalmers alternatives and corresponding course requirements will be listed. The applicant is then asked to specify how he/she satisfies the specific course requirements through courses listed on the transcript which he/she has submitted.
Please take note, filling in the form is a way to facilitate the processing of your application, and a way for you as an applicant to evidence your eligibility. It is not mandatory. More information will be provided in the form.
Application and tuition fees
For general information about Fees and scholarships in Sweden, please visituniversityadmissions.se
For specific information on the tuition fees at Chalmers, please visit the Chalmers pageTuition fees