Are you planning to start your master's studies at Chalmers? The application, admission, and tuition fee process remains unaffected by the ongoing pandemic.
Even though the vaccination rate is increasing steadily in Sweden, the situation with the rapidly spreading Omicron variant has currently put restrictions back in place in Sweden. Keep yourself updated on this page about the latest information regarding Covid-19 here.
- The starting point for all education at Chalmers during the spring semester of 2022 is teaching on campus. All students, including international master’s students, must be prepared to participate in on-campus studies throughout the semester.
- In order to reduce crowding, however, it may be necessary to conduct larger lectures in a hybrid format. In many of our lecture halls, it is possible to stream lectures so that students can participate either on location or digitally, thereby reducing crowding.
- Tests and other examinations are currently arranged on campus with appropriate infection control measures and with the opportunity for social distancing. Such measures can include, for example, offering visors for compulsory elements where social distancing cannot be maintained, access to hand sanitizer, and prioritised cleaning in classrooms and other areas where students often gather.
- It has not been possible to start distance learning during the autumn semester of 2021. No decision has been made yet about the autumn semester of 2022.
- Chalmers accepts students for exchange studies if the student's home university allows it.
Vaccination in Sweden
You do not have to be a Swedish citizen to get a vaccine against Covid-19 in Sweden. Everyone who lives or permanently stays in Sweden will be offered vaccination, in the order of priority recommended by the Swedish Public Health Agency. The vaccination against Covid-19 is free of cost.
Please note that when vaccination is offered for your age group, you must book a time to receive your first dose of the vaccination yourself. Region Västra Götaland will provide more information on when and how to do so in the link below.Read more about the vaccination in Västra Götaland
Student-generated content about the pandemic
Here you will be able to find blogs and videos made by our international student ambassadors about how their studies at Chalmers have been affected by the Corona outbreak.
Important information from Swedish authorities
Keep yourself updated about the current Corona situation in Sweden and the travelling restrictions for Sweden by following the links below: