The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers statistical consulting both in terms of short meetings and participation in larger projects. All consulting starts with a short (about 30 minutes) free of charge meeting where we discuss how we can help you in your research.
Afterwards, the hourly rate (excluding VAT) is:
- 1000 SEK within Chalmers / GU
- 1200 SEK for external customers
Statistical analysis for the client can only very rarely be performed.
Such analysis, may be relevant in cases
where the extent of the analysis is small or in cases where the nature
of the research falls within the scientific interests of the statisticians in our unit.
Can you formulate one main question or hypotheses without using the words ”and” or ”or”?
General questions (only consider those that apply to your case)
- Are there any recommendations regarding the statistical analysis at your department? What does your scientific field require from your analyses and what would you like to achieve? What is your sample? How do you plan to collect data? How did you collect data? Are there any sources of error that you can identify regarding data collection?
- Which variables are included in your data material? Alternatively: which questions do you have an intention to ask?
- How would you describe your knowledge in statistics
If you are evaluating a data material that you already have
What have you tried to do yourself with your data? What was the result? And perhaps: Which
problems have arisen?