The vision of Division Design & Human Factors is that one day, all products, services and work-places will be designed to enable users to live and work in a meaningful and sustainable way. We contribute to this vision through:
- adding to the knowledge about the relation between humans and artefacts, as well as the activity-centred design process
- developing methods and tools for studying the relationship between human–artefact, as well as for designing and evaluating safe, sustainable and satisfying products, services and workplaces, and
- disseminating this knowledge and methodology through educating tomorrow’s engineers and through collaboration with societal and industrial partners.
We have developed our expertise on the relationship between humans and technology since mid1970s, and we continuously use it to educate engineers with a user-centred perspective and conduct high-quality research resulting in innovations with real-world impact. Our research is interdisciplinary and is based on behavioural science and design theory, ergonomics/human factors, and theories of complex socio-technical systems.
- Sustainable Urban Mobility
- Circularity and Sustainable Product Use
- Safe and Efficient Human-Machine Systems
- Healthy Work Systems and Ergonomics
Join us in our quest to make every design meaningful!