- Course code: FKBT140
- Course higher education credits: 7.5
- Department: CHEMISTRY AND CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- Graduate school: Chemical Engineering
- Course is normally given: Every year in LP1. Starts in late august every year.
- Language: The course will be given in English
After the course you should be able to:
- Plan experiments according to a proper and correct design plan.
- Analyse and evaluate experimental results (statistically), according to chosen experimental design (ANOVA, regression models).
- Control and properly use fundamentals such as hypothesis testing, degrees of freedom, ANOVA, fractional design and other design methods/techniques and so on.
- Know the fundamentals of multivariate analysis and chemometric methods (PCA and PLS) with simple applications.
- Simple Comparative Experiments
- Experiments of a single factor, analysis of variance.
- Randomized blocks
- Latin squares
- The 2k factor design
- Blocking and confounding
- Two level fractional Factorial design.
- Three level and mixed level factorial and fractional factorial design.
- Fitting regression methods. LS method.
- Robust parameter design
- Experiment with random factors.
- Nested design
- Response surfaces, EVOP.
- Multivariate data analysis
Project work (report)
Application is made by sending an email to Claes Niklasson.
Douglas C. Montgomery: Design and Analysis of Experiments
Professor Claes Niklasson
Professor Claes Niklasson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +46 31 772 30 27
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Kemivägen 4