Here are some guidelines to help you prepare PowerPoint slides to support your oral presentation.
Prepare your slides
The sessions will be grouped into 3-5 papers and each session will have a chair. The session chairs will have read your paper but the other members of the group will not.
The time allocated for a presentation is 20 minutes, including 5 minutes allowed for discussion. We will be very strict about timing and will stop you when your time is up, even if you have not finished.
During the sessions, there will be dedicated conference computers. Your presentation slides will be uploaded onto one of these computers. After the session, all presentations will be deleted.
- Configuration of conference computer: Windows 8.1.
- Acceptable formats: PPTx (PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013) or PDF.
- The screen resolution is 1920x1080.
- Please label your file with your name and the session number.
- Be sure you have embedded any multimedia objects (e.g., movies) in the slides.
- You may use any theme, although we recommend dark text on a light background.
- On the title slide, be sure to include your name and the title of the paper.
- Please put number on your slides.
- Put only little text on each slide – you want the audience to listen to you and not to be reading your slides.
If you require special technology for your presentation, please email our technical support Jon Larborn, email@example.com
, as soon as possible.
Presentation slides can be delivered either via email in advance or by uploading on site.
Send in your slides in advance
You can send in your presentation in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you want to use this option, the deadline is the 10th of May 2016.
Upload your slides on site
If you want to upload your slides from USB flash drive or a memory stick on site, please meet with the session support as early as possible. You need to do this the very latest 20 minutes before the start of the session. You need time to make sure that all fonts appear as expected and that all audio/video clips are working properly. Please mind that there could be a queue.
We wish you all the best in preparing your oral presentation! Please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
if you have any questions. We will do our best to help you!Version dated April 20.