Northern LEAD promotes and facilitates logistics research at Chalmers and the University of Gothenburg.
The research is based on the following eight core competence areas:
- Business relationships and networks
- Distribution structures and strategies
- Intermodal transportation
- Manufacturing planning and control
- Materials handling
- Mathematical optimisation in logistics and transport
- Purchasing and supply networks
- Transport and logistics services
For the involved researchers and companies, the Northern LEAD logistics competence centre- offers a platform for projects that span over several scientific disciplines. It also makes it easier to make and maintain contacts, between the involved researchers and industry, other researchers as well as funding associations.