The international urban freight workshop
The Urban Freight Platform organised an international workshop on urban freight. The topic of the workshop was “How is urban freight research being applied to make a difference: Cases and examples”. International experts from the USA, Belgium, UK and Sweden addressed several critical issues of how to take research into practice.
The workshop attracted 23 researchers and practitioners from various disciplines from Gothenburg and other cities in Sweden.
The agenda included the following speakers and presentations:
- How can research support policy makers to make better decisions?
José Holguín-Veras, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Freight behavioral modeling: the case of off-hour deliveries in NYC
Ivan Sanchez-Diaz, Chalmers University of Technology
- Evaluation of urban freight measures
Cathy Macharis, Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Importance of involving stakeholders
Michael Browne, University of Westminster
- Coordinated goods distribution in Swedish municipalities
Maria Björklund, Linköping University
Text: Sönke Behrends
Photos from workshop: Hanna Timring
Header picture: Shutterstock