Vice-Director of the Graphene Flagship
Department of Industrial and Materials Science
Phone: +46 73 4060420
Office: M-huset building, Hörsalsv 7B
Production and nanoscale characterization of materials based on graphene and other 2D nanosheets for mechanical, electronics and energy applications.
Graphene-organic composites as thin coatings, 3-dimensional foams and bulk materials.
- Liquid phase exfoliation and processing of graphene.
- Supramolecular chemistry, molecular self-assembling.
- Surface characterization at nanoscale with Atomic Force Microscopy, Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and Kelvin Probe Microscopy.
Focus of future research:
- Graphene composites with inorganic materials (metals, ceramic, glass).
- Graphene-based composites for additive manufacturing.
- Graphene-based composites for energy storage.
Highlights of previous research:
Modelling of the fragmentation process of 2D nanosheets during sonication. 2D Materials, 2, #025017 (2017)
Local Current Mapping and Patterning of Reduced Graphene Oxide.
Journal of the American Chemical Society, 14130 (2010)
Spatially controlled functionalization of CVD graphene by self-assembling molecules.
ACS Nano, 7, 7125 (2016)
Tunable graphene oxide coatings for sensing of biological molecules
Carbon, 165 (2017)
Graphene-iron oxide foams for energy storage.
Carbon, 254 (2015)