DEpartment of Industrial and Materials Science
Division of Material and Computational Mechanics
Phone: +46 31 772 5267
Office: Hörsalsvägen 7b, 3rd Floor
“Computational material mechanics” including material and structural modelling of composites, multi-scale modelling, damage and failure mechanics. “Composites processing” including effects of graphene fillers, Interface mechanics of microsystem integration including atomistic-continuum modeling with application to graphene.
“Continuum mechanics”, “Computational material mechanics”, “Computational homogenization of microstructures”, “Localization of deformations”, “Interface modeling including contact with friction”, “Damage and fracture mechanics”, “Shell modeling”, “Porous media theory”, “FE-technology”.
Focus of future research:
Within our active field of composites process modeling and simulation our priorities are related to
- Infusion modelling – preforms with long/medium/short fibers at high volume fractions
- Infusion/material/flow modelling – thin-walled preforms
- Problems: degree of wet-out as induced by filler content relating to both graphene and wood based additives, fiber content, viscosity, porosity, optimized cycle time wrt component.
- Matrix enhanced by filler (graphene and wood based additives)
- Modeling of 2D elements, embedded in bulk
- Dispersion, Multiphase flow, viscosity
- Curing/polymerization modeling
Highlights of previous research:
- R Larsson, M Wysocki, S Toll, Process-modeling of composites using two-phase porous media theory, European Journal of Mechanics-A/Solids 23 (1), 15-3
- R Larsson, K Samadikhah, Atomistic continuum modeling of graphene membranes, Computational Materials Science 50 (5), 1744-175
- R Larsson, Y Zhang, Homogenization of microsystem interconnects based on micropolar theory and discontinuous kinematics, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 55 (4), 819-84
- M Fagerström, R Larsson, A thermo-mechanical cohesive zone formulation for ductile fracture, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 56 (10), 3037-3058