This year, Chalmers is one of the partners in the chemical company Akzonobel’s innovation competition Imagine Chemistry. The competition targets start-up companies and researchers, with the aim of finding new solutions which can make the chemical industry more sustainable.
This year’s competition calls for solutions within the following six areas:
• sustainable small particle technologies
• wastewater-free chemical sites
• intelligent chemical plats
• revolutionizing chlorate production
• sustainable liquid to powder technologies
• zero-footprint surfactant platforms
In the first phase all the participants will receive coaching from experts in order to enrich their ideas. Then, 20 finalists will be chosen to spend three intense days at Chalmers in the end of May. During these days, the finalists will receive individual reviews by expert groups who will give advices and feedback on different aspects of the idea.
– I believe that is really rewarding, just making it to the finale. You will learn a lot and get aware of the strengths and weaknesses of your idea, says Per Thorén, communications offices for the Materials Area of Advance at Chalmers.
Chalmers has two representatives in the jury, one researcher and one person working at Chalmers Ventures. The jury will select the most viable ideas and the winners will be presented in Runan on the last day of the event, 1 June. The price of the winners will be a collaboration with Akzonobel in order to develop the ideas further and bring them to the market.
For more information and to register for the competition, visit Imagine Chemistry
. The last day to send a contribution is 10 March 2018.