The Area of Advance seed grants will be given to support new collaborations between departments to spur high-risk, high-gain research projects, or promising utilization projects.
A minimum of two Chalmers faculty members from different departments must be included in the project, and the topic should fall under one of Life Science Engineering’s three profiles; Towards a Biosustainable Future, Molecules & Modelling of Life or Engineering Solutions for Health. Please specify the profile in your application (to read more about the profiles, click here
The attributed grant amount is 500 k SEK, and the duration is 12 months. There will be a total of three seed grants awarded for 2018.How to apply:
The application should be sent by e-mail Karolina Partheen
(click on her name to e-mail) as a single PDF file. The application file should contain:
1) A maximum of two pages with description of the project, free style, but clearly explaining:
• scientific objective(s) of the project
• interdisciplinary and collaborative dimension of the project (collaborations between different departments is a formal requirement)
• expected measurable outcomes (research paper(s), joint applications for external funding, results needed for further collaboration, etc.)
• if relevant, coupling to any complementary funding, e.g. from another AoA, department, external (co-funded applications will be prioritized)
• brief budget justification
• contact person name and e-mail address
2) Short CV:s (one page) for each co-applicant, free style, but specifying the total number of peer reviewed publications and the H-index. If relevant for the particular research field, additional bibliometric indicators can be provided.Timeline:
• Applications should be sent by e-mail to Karolina Partheen, no later than March 1, 2017.
• After evaluation and ranking, the applicants will be notified of the outcome on April 15.
• The projects will start (receive funding) from January 1, 2018.
• The project outcome shall be reported to the Area of Advance Director by January 31, 2019 (single page document, free style).For any clarifications
, please do not hesitate to contact us (click on names to e-mail): Ivan Mijakovic
, Director, or Ann-Sofie Cans