Chalmers has extensive R&D cooperation with the process industry in western Sweden regarding energy efficiency, conversion, and reduction of CO2 emissions.
Some very important challenges for industry, related to the energy system and addressed in the various cooperation projects, are:
- to become more energy-efficient
- to develop more sustainable processes and products
- to better understand future opportunities for industrial cooperation
- to understand and introduce new business and market models in order to achieve new developments in industry
- to develop a good international cooperation for information exchange as well as participation in demonstration and R&D projects