Mapping the research to UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
The research of Area of Advance Building Futures contributes to a sustainable development, not only on a national level but globally. Below are some examples of how our research is relevant for UN’s goals for sustainable development.
- How to decouple the use of natural resources from environmental impacts (SDG 8, 11, 12, 13)
- How to increase participation and well-being in urban development (SDG 5, 8, 11, 16)
- How to make physical infrastructure more efficient, reliable and sustainable (SDG 6,9, 11, 13)
- How to model, simulate and visualize urban systems for better knowledge provision (SDG 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 17)
- How to support national knowledge provision in times of rapid urban development (SDG 1-17)