The University Management Group
The President and the Office of the President represent Chalmers in its dealings with the Swedish government offices and with other external organizations.They work with the overall strategy to advance the university and to coordinate and monitor its operation.The Office of the President consists of the following people and responsibilities.
President, First Vice President and other Vice Presidents
- President and chief executive officer Karin Markides has the overall responsibility for Chalmers University of Technology.
- First Vice President and deputy executive officer Mats Viberg serves as the president's deputy and is responsible for planning, development, resource allocation and the assessment of Chalmers departments and library.
- Vice President Alf-Erik Almstedt is responsible for Chalmers research and research education.
- Vice President Johan Carlsten is responsible for collaboration including both the innovation system and Chalmers cooperation with external partners and the surrounding community.
- Vice President Maria Knutson Wedel is responsible for Chalmers undergraduate and master programs.
- Vice President Lars Börjesson is responsible for developing Chalmers' areas of advance.
- Vice President John Holmberg is responsible for sustainable development with the aim to provide strategic support.
Chief Development Officer
- Jörgen Sjöberg, is responsible for developing new formats to link Chalmers activities to other local, national, regional and global actors.
Chief Resource Officer
- Helene Bergsten, adviser for strategic organization, has overall responsibility for the planning of Chalmers management.
People associated to the President and Vice Presidents
- Vice President Lars Reuterswärd, specific projects Mistra Urban Futures
- The Presidents's Information Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, who supports the President in public relations and communications, is on the staff of the Communications and Marketing Office.