Through a series of lectures and exercises we will cover aspects such as physical properties of ionic liquids, mesoscopic segregation ad structuring of ionic liquids, computational methods, ionic liquids in energy applications and cellulose. Confirmed lecturers:
- Dr. Adam Best, The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia´
- Dr. Alessandro Triolo, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR), Italy
- Professor Lars Kloo, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Professor Gunnar Westman, Chalmers University of Technology
- Professor Patrik Johansson, Chalmers University of Technology
- Dr. Johan Scheers, Chalmers University of Technology
The summer school starts in the evening on the 19/8 and ends with breakfast 24/8. The location of the school is Sea Lodge in Smögen, located right by the sea, see attached map. Besides lectures and stimulating scientific discussions there are good opportunities for swimming and other types of water sports.
To apply to the summer school send an email to Aleksandar Matic (firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than 31/5. The number of participants is limited to 30 and there is a priority to those students enrolled in the "Soft Matter Graduate School", other students are accepted on first come first serve principle. It is free of charge for all students doing their PhD at a Swedish university.
If you have any questions or queries please contact:
+46-730-346294 (also during the school)