The workshop will feature oral and poster presentations by international leaders in the fields of railway noise and vibration. All papers will be presented in a single session format. Each poster presentation will include a short oral presentation.
The International Committee seeks original papers on all subjects related to railway noise and vibration. Possible themes include:
- Rolling noise
- Aerodynamic noise and high speed
- Ground borne noise and vibration
- Curve squeal and brake squeal
- Vehicle interior noise
- Grinding, corrugation and roughness
- Theoretical modelling and prediction tools
- Technology for noise mitigation
- Measurement, monitoring and analysis tools
- Economic studies of noise mitigation
- Perception, regulation and legislation
Abstracts (two pages) should be submitted no later than 15 January 2013, see Important dates. Submission is only possible from this website, see Instructions to Authors.
Papers will be selected by the International Committee and authors will be notified by 15 March 2013 whether their paper is accepted for an oral presentation or as a poster (including a short oral presentation).
Authors of papers that are accepted should provide the full text (8 pages) of their papers by 10 June 2013, see Important dates. Detailed instructions will be provided. Accepted papers will be produced and distributed in the workshop proceedings.
After the workshop, authors will be offered to submit revised papers for publication in a dedicated issue of the Notes of Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design (Springer). Submitted papers will be subject to rigorous peer reviewing.